Since 1998 the MLK Choir has given out 101 Educational Grants totaling over $218,000.
At our scholarship concert on June 11th, 2017 we awarded educational grants to 8
talented students pursuing artistic
June 11, 2017 - Sunday 4:00pm
Seventeenth Annual Educational Grants Awards Ceremony
College Avenue Baptist Church
MLKCCSD is proud to support our local, budding artists in the San Diego community.
We are looking for High School artists with flair (and grit and determination). If you sing, dance, play an
instrument, paint, sculpt, film, act, write stories or plays, or pursue any other form of artistic expression,
we'd like to know. Apply today!
How to Qualify
- You must be a Graduating High School Senior
- You must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- You must be a Resident of San Diego County, and a US citizen
- You must intend to pursue your art by attending a university, accredited four-year college, community college, conservatory, or art school in the next school year.
How to Apply
- Acrobat Reader).
(pdf, requires the latest
- Print it out and follow the directions.
- Send the completed application no later than March 5th, 2019, to:
Educational Grant Committee
P.O. Box 5445
San Diego, CA 92165
- Call us at (619) 447-2823 if you have any questions, or send email to
- Read through the application first. For those parts of the application that involve other people
(transcript, references, etc.), ask for their help right away. Don't wait until the last minute.
- Filling out this application is going to take some work. But chances are that it would take less time
than a summer job and it could be more rewarding!
- Be creative, show us what you can do, and have fun! If you need help, please contact us.
For school counselors that want to encourage students to apply, here are some helpful pdf resources:
- A Flier that can be printed and posted on a school bulletin board.
- Some Sample Ads to publish in a school newsletter.